Every so often, my friend Jim and I venture into the forest to search for distressed trees that could be turned into lumber. This video is a summary of what we worked on that day (Aug 23, 2014). We pulled out a few logs and realized that there were many trees in the back part of the forest that could be taken. Pulling the logs out with the Bobcat is slow. So we spent most of the day widening an existing trail so that a pickup towing a log arch could access the back part of the forest. Before I left for the day, I unloaded and reloaded the solar kiln.
This is the official start of the arboretum. This walnut tree was growing against our old house and the day before we closed on the